Saw this video, well I didnt actually watch the video, but I liked the question and got inspired.
What has the internet done for you?
- caused my hands and back to hurt
- provided a job for me
- caused me to stay up late many a night
- caused me to spend too much time looking at my blackberry
- allowed me to track personal finance/expenses (mint vs. wesabe)
- spammed me
- baconed me
- finally gave me mildly ok places to download music (amazon mp3, emusic)
- youtube for watching music videos at parties
- notified me when good concerts where in town
- lazy shopping (amazon, fresh direct )
- allows me to pay bills without writing checks
Am I better off? What would I be doing without it? Probably something to ask yourself if you're wondering where the value is in some of these web2.0 companies.