My friend and co-worker Jason recently came back from the Hamptons, and wanted an easy way to share his photos with all of the people that were there. He put together instructions for how to use Flickr groups, and was kind of surprised by how many steps where involved. Honestly, I wasn't so shocked. I've used flickr, zoomr, picasa online, and for local file management I've used ACDSee, iphoto, and picasa. None of them do exactly what I want, and none of them seem to propose an easy process for publishing your pictures.
These are all the steps nessecary to have a new person add photos to a Flickr group:
- Click the link on this invite
- If you don't have a yahoo account create one.
- On the main page the first option says Upload Or, look at our uploading
- Click on the tools.
- Download whichever works for your computer
- Install that
- Add all of your photos with that tool
- Click upload
- Add tags (what are tags?)
- Click create sets and type (group name) (in the future, you will click the drop down and choose North Magee)
- When done, view photos.
- Along the right hand side, you should see the (group name) set with a link that says Edit, click on that
- Click batch edit then add to group
- Select (group name)
- At the top right click the Flickr logo
- Click Your Groups
- Click (group name)
- Click invite and add the e-mail address of other members.